- New text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish
The first text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish,...
11.4.2018 12:28 by eahyvone
- WarSampo Wins the Open Data Prize in the 2017 LODLAM Challenge
The WarSampo team of SeCo was recognized for making cultural heritage...
4.7.2017 15:52 by eahyvone
- Doctoral Defense in SeCo on Ontology Services
Jouni Tuominen will defend his dissertation “Ontology Services...
12.6.2017 13:48 by eahyvone
- Mikko Koho, Stina Westman and Juho Lehtonen: Developing the Finnish National Research Data Finder Etsin
- Arttu Oksanen, Jouni Tuominen, Eetu Mäkelä, Minna Tamper, Aki Hietanen and Eero Hyvönen: Law and Justice as a Linked Open Data Service
- Mikko Koho, Erkki Heino, Petri Leskinen, Minna Tamper, Esko Ikkala, Eetu Mäkelä, Jouni Tuominen and Eero Hyvönen: Linked Open Data and Ontology Infrastructure for Second World War History
- Petri Leskinen, Eero Hyvönen and Jouni Tuominen: Analyzing and Visualizing Prosopographical Linked Data Based on Biographies
Saha - Browser Based Semantic Annotation Tool
Page updated: 11.05.2011
Saha is a browser-based annotation tool, which can be used to annotate e.g. web-pages and other documents on the web. With Saha, annotation process can be easily distributed and it can be used without installing any annotation software on user's computer.
Annotations are stored in a database, from which they can be retrieved for use in semantic applications, like portals using multi facet search paradigm. Saha uses semantic web technologies such as OWL and RDF(S).
Saha's user-interface consists of property-input-form, which can be easily configured for the annotation-schema being used. Different kinds of resources can be used as values of the properties:
- Resources defined in external ontologies and fetched to the annotation using the Onki Ontology Library Service
- Resources defined in other external sources, such as CultureSampo
- Instances of classes defined in the annotation-schema
- Literal values
Saha has undergone several major development versions. Demo of the current Saha (SAHA3) is available here. Please note that while browser interoperability is a design goal, some advanced features might not work properly in older versions of Internet Explorer.
Basic documentation about Saha is available in the Saha Technical Report
University of Helsinki
Prof. Eero Hyvönen
Helsinki University of Technology, Laboratory of Media Technology and University of Helsinki
eero.hyvonen [at] tkk.fi