- New Sampo portal released: MMM ? Mapping Manuscript Migrations
On Jan 30th, 2020, at the Digging into Data conference in Alexandria,...
31.1.2020 12:08 by eahyvone
- New doctoral thesis and defense at SeCo by Kasper Apajalahti
Kasper Apajalahti defended his thesis “Contributions to...
17.11.2019 8:54 by eahyvone
- NameSampo: yet another semantic sampo portal released
On Feb 1, 2019, ‘NameSampo: A Linked Open Data Infrastructure...
13.2.2019 13:53 by eahyvone
- Minna Tamper, Arttu Oksanen, Jouni Tuominen, Aki Hietanen and Eero Hyvönen: Automatic Annotation Service APPI: Named Entity Linking in Legal Domain
- Heikki Rantala, Ilkka Jokipii, Mikko Koho, Esko Ikkala, Jouni Tuominen and Eero Hyvönen: Building a Linked Open Data Portal of War Victims in Finland 1914-1922
- Eero Hyvönen: Building and Using a National Linked Open Data Infrastructure for Digital Humanities: The Finnish Approach
- Heikki Rantala, Eero Hyvönen and Esko Ikkala: Creating the HISTO Ontology of Finnish History Events
Saha - Browser Based Semantic Annotation Tool
Page updated: 11.05.2011
Saha is a browser-based annotation tool, which can be used to annotate e.g. web-pages and other documents on the web. With Saha, annotation process can be easily distributed and it can be used without installing any annotation software on user's computer.
Annotations are stored in a database, from which they can be retrieved for use in semantic applications, like portals using multi facet search paradigm. Saha uses semantic web technologies such as OWL and RDF(S).
Saha's user-interface consists of property-input-form, which can be easily configured for the annotation-schema being used. Different kinds of resources can be used as values of the properties:
- Resources defined in external ontologies and fetched to the annotation using the Onki Ontology Library Service
- Resources defined in other external sources, such as CultureSampo
- Instances of classes defined in the annotation-schema
- Literal values
Saha has undergone several major development versions. Demo of the current Saha (SAHA3) is available here. Please note that while browser interoperability is a design goal, some advanced features might not work properly in older versions of Internet Explorer.
Basic documentation about Saha is available in the Saha Technical Report
University of Helsinki
Prof. Eero Hyvönen
Helsinki University of Technology, Laboratory of Media Technology and University of Helsinki
eero.hyvonen [at] tkk.fi