- BiographySampo released for public use
The next major semantic “Sampo” portal developed by SeCo,...
16.11.2018 21:00 by eahyvone
- New text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish
The first text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish,...
11.4.2018 12:28 by eahyvone
- WarSampo Wins the Open Data Prize in the 2017 LODLAM Challenge
The WarSampo team of SeCo was recognized for making cultural heritage...
4.7.2017 15:52 by eahyvone
- Anna Wessman, Suzie Thomas, Ville Rohiola, Mikko Koho, Esko Ikkala, Jouni Tuominen, Eero Hyvönen, Jutta Kuitunen, Helinä Parviainen, and Marianna Niukkanen: Citizen Science Appraoch to Archaeology: Finnish Archaeological Finds Recording Linked Open Database (SuALT)
- Eero Hyvönen, Petri Leskinen, Minna Tamper, Heikki Rantala, Jouni Tuominen and Kirsi Keravuori: Demonstrating BiographySampo in Solving Digital Humanities Research Problems in Biography and Prosopography
- Eero Hyvönen and Heikki Rantala: Knowledge-based Relation Discovery in Cultural Heritage Knowledge Graphs
- Eero Hyvönen, Esko Ikkala, Mikko Koho, Jouni Tuominen, Toby Burrows, Lynn Ransom and Hanno Wijsman: A Linked Open Data Service and Portal for Pre-modern Manuscript Research
Saha - Browser Based Semantic Annotation Tool
Page updated: 11.05.2011
Saha is a browser-based annotation tool, which can be used to annotate e.g. web-pages and other documents on the web. With Saha, annotation process can be easily distributed and it can be used without installing any annotation software on user's computer.
Annotations are stored in a database, from which they can be retrieved for use in semantic applications, like portals using multi facet search paradigm. Saha uses semantic web technologies such as OWL and RDF(S).
Saha's user-interface consists of property-input-form, which can be easily configured for the annotation-schema being used. Different kinds of resources can be used as values of the properties:
- Resources defined in external ontologies and fetched to the annotation using the Onki Ontology Library Service
- Resources defined in other external sources, such as CultureSampo
- Instances of classes defined in the annotation-schema
- Literal values
Saha has undergone several major development versions. Demo of the current Saha (SAHA3) is available here. Please note that while browser interoperability is a design goal, some advanced features might not work properly in older versions of Internet Explorer.
Basic documentation about Saha is available in the Saha Technical Report
University of Helsinki
Prof. Eero Hyvönen
Helsinki University of Technology, Laboratory of Media Technology and University of Helsinki
eero.hyvonen [at] tkk.fi