- NameSampo: yet another semantic sampo portal released
On Feb 1, 2019, ‘NameSampo: A Linked Open Data Infrastructure...
13.2.2019 13:53 by eahyvone
- BiographySampo released for public use
The next major semantic “Sampo” portal developed by SeCo,...
16.11.2018 21:00 by eahyvone
- New text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish
The first text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish,...
11.4.2018 12:28 by eahyvone
- Mikko Koho, Lia Gasbarra, Jouni Tuominen, Heikki Rantala, Ilkka Jokipii and Eero Hyvönen: AMMO Ontology of Finnish Historical Occupations
- Agata Dominowska, Elsi Hyttinen, Peter Ivanics, Mikko Koho, Ilona Pikkanen and Risto Turunen: Hiding in Plain Sight: Literature in Newspapers and How to Approach it
- Lia Gasbarra, Mikko Koho, Ilkka Jokipii, Heikki Rantala and Eero Hyvönen: An Ontology of Finnish Historical Occupations
- Eero Hyvönen, Petri Leskinen, Minna Tamper, Heikki Rantala, Esko Ikkala, Jouni Tuominen and Kirsi Keravuori: BiographySampo - Publishing and Enriching Biographies on the Semantic Web for Digital Humanities Research
Saha - Browser Based Semantic Annotation Tool
Page updated: 11.05.2011
Saha is a browser-based annotation tool, which can be used to annotate e.g. web-pages and other documents on the web. With Saha, annotation process can be easily distributed and it can be used without installing any annotation software on user's computer.
Annotations are stored in a database, from which they can be retrieved for use in semantic applications, like portals using multi facet search paradigm. Saha uses semantic web technologies such as OWL and RDF(S).
Saha's user-interface consists of property-input-form, which can be easily configured for the annotation-schema being used. Different kinds of resources can be used as values of the properties:
- Resources defined in external ontologies and fetched to the annotation using the Onki Ontology Library Service
- Resources defined in other external sources, such as CultureSampo
- Instances of classes defined in the annotation-schema
- Literal values
Saha has undergone several major development versions. Demo of the current Saha (SAHA3) is available here. Please note that while browser interoperability is a design goal, some advanced features might not work properly in older versions of Internet Explorer.
Basic documentation about Saha is available in the Saha Technical Report
University of Helsinki
Prof. Eero Hyvönen
Helsinki University of Technology, Laboratory of Media Technology and University of Helsinki
eero.hyvonen [at] tkk.fi