- In/Tangible European Heritage: New EU project starting in SeCo
The idea of the new 3-year project is to study how intangible cultural...
6.8.2020 8:57 by eahyvone
- New SeCo papers accepted for ESWC 2020
Five SeCo papers will be presented at the Extended Semantic Web...
23.4.2020 8:02 by eahyvone
- New Sampo portal released: MMM ? Mapping Manuscript Migrations
On Jan 30th, 2020, at the Digging into Data conference in Alexandria,...
31.1.2020 12:08 by eahyvone
- Petri Leskinen and Eero Hyvönen: Reconciling and Using Historical Person Registers as Linked Open Data in the AcademySampo Knowledge Graph
- Eero Hyvönen, Heikki Rantala, Esko Ikkala, Mikko Koho, Jouni Tuominen, Babatunde Anafi, Suzie Thomas, Anna Wessman, Eljas Oksanen, Ville Rohiola, Jutta Kuitunen and Minna Ryyppö: Citizen Science Archaeological Finds on the Semantic Web: The FindSampo Framework
- Eero Hyvönen: Digitaalisten ihmistieteiden keskus HELDIG profiloi Helsingin yliopiston humanistisia aloja (Helsinki Centre for Digital Humanitites HELDIG Profiled Areas in Humanities at the University of Helsinki)
The Finnish Law and Justice as a Linked Open Data Service
Work on this dataset is described in more detail on page Semantic Finlex: Finnish Law and Justice on the Semantic Web
Our goal is to create a 7-star linked open data service of Finnish legislation, a semantic version of Finlex. Based on the service, a next generation of public and commercial legal systems can be built. The work involves 1) juridical ontology development, 2) metadata modeling of legislative documents, 3) publication of the content as linked data, and 4) evaluation of the system via application demonstrators.
The following metadata schema specifications have been published as part of the LDF.fi service:
- Criminal Code (URI: http://ldf.fi/finlex/laki/statute-sd18890039)
- Supreme Court (URI: http://ldf.fi/finlex/oikeus/courtKKO)
The data is also available as data dump files and can be queried from a SPARQL endpoint in the LDF.fi service.
Prof. Eero Hyvönen
Aalto University, and University of Helsinki
eero.hyvonen [at] aalto.fi