- In/Tangible European Heritage: New EU project starting in SeCo
The idea of the new 3-year project is to study how intangible cultural...
6.8.2020 8:57 by eahyvone
- New SeCo papers accepted for ESWC 2020
Five SeCo papers will be presented at the Extended Semantic Web...
23.4.2020 8:02 by eahyvone
- New Sampo portal released: MMM ? Mapping Manuscript Migrations
On Jan 30th, 2020, at the Digging into Data conference in Alexandria,...
31.1.2020 12:08 by eahyvone
- Heikki Rantala, Eero Hyvönen and Esko Ikkala: Creating the HISTO Ontology of Finnish History Events
- Heikki Rantala, Ilkka Jokipii, Mikko Koho, Esko Ikkala, Jouni Tuominen and Eero Hyvönen: Building a Linked Open Data Portal of War Victims in Finland 1914-1922
- Kimmo Kettunen and Matti La Mela: Digging Deeper into the Finnish Parliamentary Protocols – Using a Lexical Semantic Tagger for Studying Meaning Change of Everyman’s Rights (allemansrätten)
- Chris A. Sula, Kalani Craig, Michelle Dalmu, Alex Humphreys, Eero Hyvönen, Hannah L. Jacobs, Humphrey Keah, Joseph Kiplang at, Thea Lindquist, Nicholas Weber, Scott B. Weingart: Infrastructures of Digital Humanities
The Finnish Law and Justice as a Linked Open Data Service
Work on this dataset is described in more detail on page Semantic Finlex: Finnish Law and Justice on the Semantic Web
Our goal is to create a 7-star linked open data service of Finnish legislation, a semantic version of Finlex. Based on the service, a next generation of public and commercial legal systems can be built. The work involves 1) juridical ontology development, 2) metadata modeling of legislative documents, 3) publication of the content as linked data, and 4) evaluation of the system via application demonstrators.
The following metadata schema specifications have been published as part of the LDF.fi service:
- Criminal Code (URI: http://ldf.fi/finlex/laki/statute-sd18890039)
- Supreme Court (URI: http://ldf.fi/finlex/oikeus/courtKKO)
The data is also available as data dump files and can be queried from a SPARQL endpoint in the LDF.fi service.
Prof. Eero Hyvönen
Aalto University, and University of Helsinki
eero.hyvonen [at] aalto.fi