- BiographySampo released for public use
The next major semantic “Sampo” portal developed by SeCo,...
16.11.2018 21:00 by eahyvone
- New text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish
The first text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish,...
11.4.2018 12:28 by eahyvone
- WarSampo Wins the Open Data Prize in the 2017 LODLAM Challenge
The WarSampo team of SeCo was recognized for making cultural heritage...
4.7.2017 15:52 by eahyvone
- Anna Wessman, Suzie Thomas, Ville Rohiola, Mikko Koho, Esko Ikkala, Jouni Tuominen, Eero Hyvönen, Jutta Kuitunen, Helinä Parviainen, and Marianna Niukkanen: Citizen Science Appraoch to Archaeology: Finnish Archaeological Finds Recording Linked Open Database (SuALT)
- Eero Hyvönen, Petri Leskinen, Minna Tamper, Heikki Rantala, Jouni Tuominen and Kirsi Keravuori: Demonstrating BiographySampo in Solving Digital Humanities Research Problems in Biography and Prosopography
- Eero Hyvönen and Heikki Rantala: Knowledge-based Relation Discovery in Cultural Heritage Knowledge Graphs
- Eero Hyvönen, Esko Ikkala, Mikko Koho, Jouni Tuominen, Toby Burrows, Lynn Ransom and Hanno Wijsman: A Linked Open Data Service and Portal for Pre-modern Manuscript Research
The Finnish Law and Justice as a Linked Open Data Service
Work on this dataset is described in more detail on page Semantic Finlex: Finnish Law and Justice on the Semantic Web
Our goal is to create a 7-star linked open data service of Finnish legislation, a semantic version of Finlex. Based on the service, a next generation of public and commercial legal systems can be built. The work involves 1) juridical ontology development, 2) metadata modeling of legislative documents, 3) publication of the content as linked data, and 4) evaluation of the system via application demonstrators.
The following metadata schema specifications have been published as part of the LDF.fi service:
- Criminal Code (URI: http://ldf.fi/finlex/laki/statute-sd18890039)
- Supreme Court (URI: http://ldf.fi/finlex/oikeus/courtKKO)
The data is also available as data dump files and can be queried from a SPARQL endpoint in the LDF.fi service.
Prof. Eero Hyvönen
Aalto University, and University of Helsinki
eero.hyvonen [at] aalto.fi