- New text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish
The first text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish,...
11.4.2018 12:28 by eahyvone
- WarSampo Wins the Open Data Prize in the 2017 LODLAM Challenge
The WarSampo team of SeCo was recognized for making cultural heritage...
4.7.2017 15:52 by eahyvone
- Doctoral Defense in SeCo on Ontology Services
Jouni Tuominen will defend his dissertation “Ontology Services...
12.6.2017 13:48 by eahyvone
- Mikko Koho, Stina Westman and Juho Lehtonen: Developing the Finnish National Research Data Finder Etsin
- Arttu Oksanen, Jouni Tuominen, Eetu Mäkelä, Minna Tamper, Aki Hietanen and Eero Hyvönen: Law and Justice as a Linked Open Data Service
- Mikko Koho, Erkki Heino, Petri Leskinen, Minna Tamper, Esko Ikkala, Eetu Mäkelä, Jouni Tuominen and Eero Hyvönen: Linked Open Data and Ontology Infrastructure for Second World War History
- Vilho Räisänen, Kasper Apajalahti: Reasoning in agent-based network management
The Finnish Law and Justice as a Linked Open Data Service
Work on this dataset is described in more detail on page Semantic Finlex: Finnish Law and Justice on the Semantic Web
Our goal is to create a 7-star linked open data service of Finnish legislation, a semantic version of Finlex. Based on the service, a next generation of public and commercial legal systems can be built. The work involves 1) juridical ontology development, 2) metadata modeling of legislative documents, 3) publication of the content as linked data, and 4) evaluation of the system via application demonstrators.
The following metadata schema specifications have been published as part of the LDF.fi service:
- Criminal Code (URI: http://ldf.fi/finlex/laki/statute-sd18890039)
- Supreme Court (URI: http://ldf.fi/finlex/oikeus/courtKKO)
The data is also available as data dump files and can be queried from a SPARQL endpoint in the LDF.fi service.
Prof. Eero Hyvönen
Aalto University, and University of Helsinki
eero.hyvonen [at] aalto.fi