- New text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish
The first text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish,...
11.4.2018 12:28 by eahyvone
- WarSampo Wins the Open Data Prize in the 2017 LODLAM Challenge
The WarSampo team of SeCo was recognized for making cultural heritage...
4.7.2017 15:52 by eahyvone
- Doctoral Defense in SeCo on Ontology Services
Jouni Tuominen will defend his dissertation “Ontology Services...
12.6.2017 13:48 by eahyvone
- Mikko Koho, Stina Westman and Juho Lehtonen: Developing the Finnish National Research Data Finder Etsin
- Arttu Oksanen, Jouni Tuominen, Eetu Mäkelä, Minna Tamper, Aki Hietanen and Eero Hyvönen: Law and Justice as a Linked Open Data Service
- Mikko Koho, Erkki Heino, Petri Leskinen, Minna Tamper, Esko Ikkala, Eetu Mäkelä, Jouni Tuominen and Eero Hyvönen: Linked Open Data and Ontology Infrastructure for Second World War History
- Vilho Räisänen, Kasper Apajalahti: Reasoning in agent-based network management
Linked Open Data Infrastructure for Digital Humanities (LODI4DH)
In collaboration with HELDIG – Helsinki Centre for Digital Humanities and other collaborators, SeCo is developing a Linked Open Data Infrastructure for Digital Humanities (LODI4DH) in Finland. This work is continuation of the national FinnONTO project (2003-2012) on ontologies, the Linked Data Finland project (2013-), and the Linked Open Science (2015-2017) project, and various Digital Humanities related projects of SeCo.
Datasets, Metadata Schemas, Ontologies, and Services
In our view, the key components of the Linked Open Data Infrastructure for Digital Humanities include datasets (with data alignments), metadata schemas (including schema alignments) used for representing the data, domain ontologies (vocabularies) used in annotating the data, and services for creating, publishing, and maintaining these data resources.
We also develop online learning materials especially for researchers in humanities and social sciences willing to expand their methodological skills in computing.
More information on LODI4DH will be published later on this page.