- FIN-CLARIAH Research Infrastructure
A new national research infrastructure initiative FIN-CLARIAH for...
8.12.2021 8:12 by eahyvone
- WarMemoirSampo published on December 3, 2021
A new “Sampo” application, “WarMemoirSampo”...
8.12.2021 8:04 by eahyvone
- Five new SeCo papers accepted for the ISWC 2021
The 20th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2021), the...
2.8.2021 6:53 by eahyvone
- Eljas Oksanen, Frida Ehrnsten, Heikki Rantala and Eero Hyvönen: Semantic Solutions for Democratising Archaeological and Numismatic Data Analysis
- : BD2022 Proceedings of the BD2022 Biographical Data in a Digital World 2022 Conference
- Petri Leskinen and Eero Hyvönen: Biographical and Prosopographical Analyses of Finnish Academic People 1640–1899 Based on Linked Open Data
- Eero Hyvönen: Creating and Using Biographical Dictionaries for Digital Humanities Based on Linked Data: A Survey of Web Services in Use in Finland
Work on Linked Data Infrastructures in SeCo
One of the major missions of the SeCo group is to develop a national Linked Data infrastructure for the Semantic Web in Finland based on international W3C and other standards.
The fork started with the National Semantic Web Ontology Project series FinnONTO that lasted ten years 2003-2012 and was funded by some 50 different organizations. The work continued in the Linked Data Finland project and various other follow up projects, where the focus shifted from ontologies towards linked data, data services, and data analysis. The usability of the work on intrastructures and tools has been tested and demonstrated in applications, e.g., in the Sampo model and Sampo series of semantic portals that have had millions of users on the Web.
At the moment this legacy on infrastructures lives on in SeCo in the initiative Linked Open Data Infrastructure for Digital Humanities in Finland (LODI4DH), where a particular focus is on ontologies, datasets, and datasets for Cultural Heritage contents and Digital Humanities research and applications.
This short video presents vision and work behind LODI4DH: Building a National Level Linked Open Data Infrastructure for Digital Humanities in Finland.