- NameSampo: yet another semantic sampo portal released
On Feb 1, 2019, ‘NameSampo: A Linked Open Data Infrastructure...
13.2.2019 13:53 by eahyvone
- BiographySampo released for public use
The next major semantic “Sampo” portal developed by SeCo,...
16.11.2018 21:00 by eahyvone
- New text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish
The first text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish,...
11.4.2018 12:28 by eahyvone
- Agata Dominowska, Elsi Hyttinen, Peter Ivanics, Mikko Koho, Ilona Pikkanen and Risto Turunen: Hiding in Plain Sight: Literature in Newspapers and How to Approach it
- Mikko Koho, Lia Gasbarra, Jouni Tuominen, Heikki Rantala, Ilkka Jokipii and Eero Hyvönen: AMMO Ontology of Finnish Historical Occupations
- Lia Gasbarra, Mikko Koho, Ilkka Jokipii, Heikki Rantala and Eero Hyvönen: An Ontology of Finnish Historical Occupations
- Eero Hyvönen, Petri Leskinen, Minna Tamper, Heikki Rantala, Esko Ikkala, Jouni Tuominen and Kirsi Keravuori: BiographySampo - Publishing and Enriching Biographies on the Semantic Web for Digital Humanities Research
Semantic applications created by SeCo
Here are some of the semantic web applications created as a part of current and previous SeCo's research projects.
The prototype applications demonstrate the possibilities of Semantic Web technologies, showing real benefits for end users. These applications have been built on the foundation of semantic software tools, semantic services and the semantic web infrastructure (led by W3C).
Semantic cultural heritage portal
Mobile Contextualized Services of Cultural Tourism
Semantic collection of promotion ceremony images
Semantic health information portal
Semantic "ask a librarian" service
Semantic Search and Annotation Tool for Open Datasets
Semantic yellow page service catalog
Old Carelian Maps and Cultural Heritage Collections on Top of Google Maps
Search in Semantic Portals based on Google Maps
Mobile Semantic Service for Birding