- FindSampo ? Finnish Archaeological Finds on the Semantic Web
FindSampo – Finnish Archaeological Finds on the Semantic Web, a...
19.5.2021 20:00 by eahyvone
- In/Tangible European Heritage: New EU project starting in SeCo
The idea of the new 3-year project is to study how intangible cultural...
6.8.2020 8:57 by eahyvone
- New SeCo papers accepted for ESWC 2020
Five SeCo papers will be presented at the Extended Semantic Web...
23.4.2020 8:02 by eahyvone
- Eero Hyvönen: How to Create a National Cross-domain Ontology and Linked Data Infrastructure and Use It on the Semantic Web
- Eero Hyvönen, Esko Ikkala, Mikko Koho, Jouni Tuominen, Toby Burrows, Lynn Ransom, and Hanno Wijsman: Mapping Manuscript Migrations on the Semantic Web: A Semantic Portal and Linked Open Data Service for Premodern Manuscript Research
- Petri Leskinen and Eero Hyvönen: Reconciling and Using Historical Person Registers as Linked Open Data in the AcademySampo Knowledge Graph
- Petri Leskinen, Eero Hyvönen and Jouni Tuominen: Sparql2GraphServer: a Server-side Tool for Extracting Networks from Linked Data for Data Analysis
Semantic web applications created by SeCo
Here are some of the semantic web applications created as a part of current and previous SeCo's research projects.
The prototype applications demonstrate the possibilities of Semantic Web technologies, showing real benefits for end users. These applications have been built on the foundation of semantic software tools, semantic services and the semantic web infrastructure (led by W3C).
Semantic "Sampo" portals
Our work includes a series of portals based on the Sampo model developed during our work that started in 2002. See Sampo portal homepage for more information.
Application domain and some applications created by SeCo including some early "Sampo" portals are listed below.
Semantic cultural heritage portal
Mobile Contextualized Services of Cultural Tourism
Semantic collection of promotion ceremony images
Semantic health information portal
Semantic "ask a librarian" service
Semantic Search and Annotation Tool for Open Datasets
Semantic yellow page service catalog
Old Carelian Maps and Cultural Heritage Collections on Top of Google Maps
Search in Semantic Portals based on Google Maps
Mobile Semantic Service for Birding