- FindSampo ? Finnish Archaeological Finds on the Semantic Web
FindSampo – Finnish Archaeological Finds on the Semantic Web, a...
19.5.2021 20:00 by eahyvone
- In/Tangible European Heritage: New EU project starting in SeCo
The idea of the new 3-year project is to study how intangible cultural...
6.8.2020 8:57 by eahyvone
- New SeCo papers accepted for ESWC 2020
Five SeCo papers will be presented at the Extended Semantic Web...
23.4.2020 8:02 by eahyvone
- Mikko Koho, Toby Burrows, Eero Hyvönen, Esko Ikkala, Kevin Page, Lynn Ransom, Jouni Tuominen, Doug Emery, Mitch Fraas, Benjamin Heller, David Lewis, Andrew Morrison, Guillaume Porte, Emma Thomson, Athanasios Velios and Hanno Wijsman: Harmonizing and Publishing Heterogeneous Pre-Modern Manuscript Metadata as Linked Open Data
- Eero Hyvönen: How to Create a National Cross-domain Ontology and Linked Data Infrastructure and Use It on the Semantic Web
- Laura Sinikallio, Senka Drobac, Minna Tamper, Rafael Leal, Mikko Koho, Jouni Tuominen, Matti La Mela and Eero Hyvönen: Plenary Debates of the Parliament of Finland as Linked Open Data and in Parla-CLARIN Markup
- Eero Hyvönen, Petri Leskinen, Minna Tamper, Heikki Rantala, Esko Ikkala, Jouni Tuominen and Kirsi Keravuori: Biografiasampo yhdistää ja rikastaa suomalaiset elämäkerrat linkitettynä datana semanttisessa webissä (Biographysampo links and enriches Finnish biographies as linked data on the Semantic Web
Semantic web applications created by SeCo
Here are some of the semantic web applications created as a part of current and previous SeCo's research projects.
The prototype applications demonstrate the possibilities of Semantic Web technologies, showing real benefits for end users. These applications have been built on the foundation of semantic software tools, semantic services and the semantic web infrastructure (led by W3C).
Semantic "Sampo" portals
Our work includes a series of portals based on the Sampo model developed during our work that started in 2002. See Sampo portal homepage for more information.
Application domain and some applications created by SeCo including some early "Sampo" portals are listed below.
Semantic cultural heritage portal
Mobile Contextualized Services of Cultural Tourism
Semantic collection of promotion ceremony images
Semantic health information portal
Semantic "ask a librarian" service
Semantic Search and Annotation Tool for Open Datasets
Semantic yellow page service catalog
Old Carelian Maps and Cultural Heritage Collections on Top of Google Maps
Search in Semantic Portals based on Google Maps
Mobile Semantic Service for Birding