- WarSampo Publication Nov 27, 2015
The WarSampo semantic portal and linked data service about the Second...
17.11.2015 14:51 by eahyvone
- Linked Open Data Science project starts
A new project starts at SeCo, where a data service for publishing...
4.5.2015 10:11 by eahyvone
- Linked Data Finland Double Winner in Apps4Finland Competition
Apps4Finland – Doing Good with Open Data is a major Finnish...
4.12.2014 13:57 by eahyvone
- Eetu Mäkelä, Thea Lindquist and Eero Hyvönen: CORE - A Contextual Reader based on Linked Data
- Eetu Mäkelä, Tanja Säily and Terttu Nevalainen: Khepri -- a Modular View-Based Tool for Exploring (Historical Sociolinguistic) Data
- Esko Ikkala, Jouni Tuominen and Eero Hyvönen: Contextualizing Historical Places in a Gazetteer by Using Historical Maps and Linked Data
- Eero Hyvönen, Erkki Heino, Petri Leskinen, Esko Ikkala, Mikko Koho, Minna Tamper, Jouni Tuominen and Eetu Mäkelä: Publishing Second World War History as Linked Data Events on the Semantic Web
SeCo welcomes You!
The Semantic Computing Research Group (SeCo) researches machine-processable semantics related to, e.g., the Semantic Web. We are located at the Aalto University, School of Science, Department of Computer Science. Our group consists of researchers both from the Aalto University, School of Science, Department of Computer Science and University of Helsinki, Department of Computer Science.
Our research is focused on semantic technologies, such as the Semantic Web and intelligent web services. In addition to research and publications, we also create prototype applications that demonstrate the new possibilities of semantic technologies, such as semantic portals for end-users, semantic infrastructural data and ontology services, and ontologies and tools for creating semantic applications.
Selected SeCo Applications and Demos for End Users
WarSampo - Second World War on the Semantic Web
Online since 2015.
Semantic National Biography
Online since 2014.
BirdWatch - Mobile Semantic Service for Birding
Online since 2013.
BookSampo - Semantic Portal for Finnish Fiction Literature
Online since 2011.
HealthFinland - Health Information on the Semantic Web
Semantic Web Challenge Award 2008.
CultureSampo - Finnish Culture on the Semantic Web 2.0
Online since 2007.
Semantic Web Challenge Award 2004.