- Esko Ikkala Gets MSc Thesis Award
Esko Ikkala’s MSc Thesis “Finnish Ontology Service of...
15.4.2017 11:00 by eahyvone
- Heldig Kick-off Symposium
Together with the University Helsinki, SeCo participated in organizing...
9.10.2016 11:11 by eahyvone
- Professor Eero Hyvönen appointed as the new director of Heldig, Helsinki Centre for Digital Humanities
He will continue also as a professor in Aalto and direct SeCo. This...
27.8.2016 15:11 by eahyvone
- Kasper Apajalahti, Eero Hyvönen, Juha Niiranen, Vilho Räisänen: Combining ontological modelling and probabilistic reasoning for network management
- Eero Hyvönen: Cultural Heritage Linked Data on the Semantic Web: Three Case Studies Using the Sampo Model
- Kasper Apajalahti, Juha Niiranen, Vilho Räisänen: Sharing Performance Measurement Events Across Domains
- Eero Hyvönen: Digitaalisten ihmistieteiden keskus HELDIG käynnisti toimintansa (Digital Humanities Centre HELDIG Started Operations)
The Mission: Making computers and the web more intelligent and interoperable!
Our research focus is on machine-processable semantics, i.e., we investigate techniques
- for representing data and knowledge in such a way that machines can "understand" its meaning, and
- develop algorithmic methods for creating intelligent applications based on such representations.
This focus is related to many research and application fields of computer science, such as artificial intelligence and knowledge engineering, semantic web and web services, natural language processing, and information retrieval.