- WarSampo Wins the Open Data Prize in the 2017 LODLAM Challenge
The WarSampo team of SeCo was recognized for making cultural heritage...
4.7.2017 18:52 by eahyvone
- Doctoral Defense in SeCo on Ontology Services
Jouni Tuominen will defend his dissertation “Ontology Services...
12.6.2017 16:48 by eahyvone
- HELDIG-keskuksen johtajasta professori Eero Hyvösestä Vuoden Norssi 2017
Helsingin yliopiston digitaalisten ihmistieteiden keskuksen (HELDIG)...
13.5.2017 21:12 by jwtuomin
- Arttu Oksanen, Jouni Tuominen, Eetu Mäkelä, Minna Tamper, Aki Hietanen and Eero Hyvönen: Law and Justice as a Linked Open Data Service
- Mikko Koho, Erkki Heino, Petri Leskinen, Minna Tamper, Esko Ikkala, Eetu Mäkelä, Jouni Tuominen and Eero Hyvönen: Linked Open Data and Ontology Infrastructure for Second World War History
- Petri Leskinen, Mikko Koho, Erkki Heino, Minna Tamper, Esko Ikkala, Jouni Tuominen, Eetu Mäkelä and Eero Hyvönen: Modeling and Using an Actor Ontology of Second WorldWar Military Units and Personnel
- Kasper Apajalahti, Eero Hyvönen, Juha Niiranen, Vilho Räisänen: Combining ontological modelling and probabilistic reasoning for network management
The Mission: Making computers and the web more intelligent and interoperable!
Our research focus is on machine-processable semantics, i.e., we investigate techniques
- for representing data and knowledge in such a way that machines can "understand" its meaning, and
- develop algorithmic methods for creating intelligent applications based on such representations.
This focus is related to many research and application fields of computer science, such as artificial intelligence and knowledge engineering, semantic web and web services, natural language processing, and information retrieval.