- Esko Ikkala Gets MSc Thesis Award
Esko Ikkala’s MSc Thesis “Finnish Ontology Service of...
15.4.2017 11:00 by eahyvone
- Heldig Kick-off Symposium
Together with the University Helsinki, SeCo participated in organizing...
9.10.2016 11:11 by eahyvone
- Professor Eero Hyvönen appointed as the new director of Heldig, Helsinki Centre for Digital Humanities
He will continue also as a professor in Aalto and direct SeCo. This...
27.8.2016 15:11 by eahyvone
- Kasper Apajalahti, Eero Hyvönen, Juha Niiranen, Vilho Räisänen: Combining ontological modelling and probabilistic reasoning for network management
- Eero Hyvönen: Cultural Heritage Linked Data on the Semantic Web: Three Case Studies Using the Sampo Model
- Kasper Apajalahti, Juha Niiranen, Vilho Räisänen: Sharing Performance Measurement Events Across Domains
- Eero Hyvönen: Digitaalisten ihmistieteiden keskus HELDIG käynnisti toimintansa (Digital Humanities Centre HELDIG Started Operations)
Semantic applications created by SeCo
Here are some of the semantic web applications created as a part of current and previous SeCo's research projects.
The prototype applications demonstrate the possibilities of Semantic Web technologies, showing real benefits for end users. These applications have been built on the foundation of semantic software tools, semantic services and the semantic web infrastructure (led by W3C).
Semantic cultural heritage portal
Mobile Contextualized Services of Cultural Tourism
Semantic collection of promotion ceremony images
Semantic health information portal
Semantic "ask a librarian" service
Semantic Search and Annotation Tool for Open Datasets
Semantic yellow page service catalog
Old Carelian Maps and Cultural Heritage Collections on Top of Google Maps
Search in Semantic Portals based on Google Maps
Mobile Semantic Service for Birding