- NameSampo: yet another semantic sampo portal released
On Feb 1, 2019, ‘NameSampo: A Linked Open Data Infrastructure...
13.2.2019 13:53 by eahyvone
- BiographySampo released for public use
The next major semantic “Sampo” portal developed by SeCo,...
16.11.2018 21:00 by eahyvone
- New text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish
The first text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish,...
11.4.2018 12:28 by eahyvone
- Agata Dominowska, Elsi Hyttinen, Peter Ivanics, Mikko Koho, Ilona Pikkanen and Risto Turunen: Hiding in Plain Sight: Literature in Newspapers and How to Approach it
- Mikko Koho, Lia Gasbarra, Jouni Tuominen, Heikki Rantala, Ilkka Jokipii and Eero Hyvönen: AMMO Ontology of Finnish Historical Occupations
- Lia Gasbarra, Mikko Koho, Ilkka Jokipii, Heikki Rantala and Eero Hyvönen: An Ontology of Finnish Historical Occupations
- Eero Hyvönen, Petri Leskinen, Minna Tamper, Heikki Rantala, Esko Ikkala, Jouni Tuominen and Kirsi Keravuori: BiographySampo - Publishing and Enriching Biographies on the Semantic Web for Digital Humanities Research
MUTU: An Analysis Tool for Maintaining a System of Hierarchically Linked Ontologie
We consider ontology evolution in a system of light weight Linked Data ontologies, aligned with each other to form a large global ontology. When changes occurs in one ontology, it is difficult for the human editor to keep track of what actually has been changed and what modifications in related ontologies may be needed, in order to keep the system consistent. Using MUTU, such changes and their potential effects to other ontologies can be found. Such an analysis in useful for the ontology editors to understand the differences between ontology versions, and for updating related ontologies when changes in other components of the ontology system occur.
Prof. Eero Hyvönen
Aalto University and Univeristy of Helsinki