- New text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish
The first text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish,...
11.4.2018 12:28 by eahyvone
- WarSampo Wins the Open Data Prize in the 2017 LODLAM Challenge
The WarSampo team of SeCo was recognized for making cultural heritage...
4.7.2017 15:52 by eahyvone
- Doctoral Defense in SeCo on Ontology Services
Jouni Tuominen will defend his dissertation “Ontology Services...
12.6.2017 13:48 by eahyvone
- Mikko Koho, Stina Westman and Juho Lehtonen: Developing the Finnish National Research Data Finder Etsin
- Arttu Oksanen, Jouni Tuominen, Eetu Mäkelä, Minna Tamper, Aki Hietanen and Eero Hyvönen: Law and Justice as a Linked Open Data Service
- Mikko Koho, Erkki Heino, Petri Leskinen, Minna Tamper, Esko Ikkala, Eetu Mäkelä, Jouni Tuominen and Eero Hyvönen: Linked Open Data and Ontology Infrastructure for Second World War History
- Petri Leskinen, Eero Hyvönen and Jouni Tuominen: Analyzing and Visualizing Prosopographical Linked Data Based on Biographies
MUTU: An Analysis Tool for Maintaining a System of Hierarchically Linked Ontologie
We consider ontology evolution in a system of light weight Linked Data ontologies, aligned with each other to form a large global ontology. When changes occurs in one ontology, it is difficult for the human editor to keep track of what actually has been changed and what modifications in related ontologies may be needed, in order to keep the system consistent. Using MUTU, such changes and their potential effects to other ontologies can be found. Such an analysis in useful for the ontology editors to understand the differences between ontology versions, and for updating related ontologies when changes in other components of the ontology system occur.
Prof. Eero Hyvönen
Aalto University and Univeristy of Helsinki