- Five new SeCo papers accepted for the ISWC 2021
The 20th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2021), the...
2.8.2021 6:53 by eahyvone
- FindSampo ? Finnish Archaeological Finds on the Semantic Web
FindSampo – Finnish Archaeological Finds on the Semantic Web, a...
19.5.2021 20:00 by eahyvone
- In/Tangible European Heritage: New EU project starting in SeCo
The idea of the new 3-year project is to study how intangible cultural...
6.8.2020 8:57 by eahyvone
- Rafael Leal, Joonas Kesäniemi, Mikko Koho and Eero Hyvönen: Relevance Feedback Search Based on Automatic Annotation and Classification of Texts
- Eero Hyvönen, Laura Sinikallio, Petri Leskinen, Senka Drobac, Jouni Tuominen, Kimmo Elo, Matti La Mela, Mikko Koho, Esko Ikkala, Minna Tamper, Rafael Leal and Joonas Kesäniemi: Semanttinen parlamentti: eduskunnan aineistojen linkitetyn avoimen datan palvelu ja sen käyttömahdollisuudet
- Eero Hyvönen: How to Create a National Cross-domain Ontology and Linked Data Infrastructure and Use It on the Semantic Web
The Mission: Making computers and the web more intelligent and interoperable!
Our research focus is on machine-processable semantics, i.e., we investigate techniques
- for representing data and knowledge in such a way that machines can "understand" its meaning, and
- develop algorithmic methods for creating intelligent applications based on such representations.
This focus is related to many fields of computer science, such as artificial intelligence and knowledge engineering, semantic web and web services, natural language processing, and information retrieval.
The range of application fields of our research are many, including areas such as engineering, telecommunications, medicine, biology, and recently especially Cultural Heritage and Digital Humanities. Our major mission is to build a shared, open, sustainable semantic web infrastructure in Finland, interlinked with international standards and resources, and to test and demonstrate its usability in applications.
For more ininformation about our current activities, see:
- Linked Open Data Infrastructure for Digital Humanities in Finland (LODI4DH)
- Sampo Model and Series of Semantic Portals