- BiographySampo released for public use
The next major semantic “Sampo” portal developed by SeCo,...
16.11.2018 21:00 by eahyvone
- New text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish
The first text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish,...
11.4.2018 12:28 by eahyvone
- WarSampo Wins the Open Data Prize in the 2017 LODLAM Challenge
The WarSampo team of SeCo was recognized for making cultural heritage...
4.7.2017 15:52 by eahyvone
- Anna Wessman, Suzie Thomas, Ville Rohiola, Mikko Koho, Esko Ikkala, Jouni Tuominen, Eero Hyvönen, Jutta Kuitunen, Helinä Parviainen, and Marianna Niukkanen: Citizen Science Appraoch to Archaeology: Finnish Archaeological Finds Recording Linked Open Database (SuALT)
- Eero Hyvönen, Petri Leskinen, Minna Tamper, Heikki Rantala, Jouni Tuominen and Kirsi Keravuori: Demonstrating BiographySampo in Solving Digital Humanities Research Problems in Biography and Prosopography
- Eero Hyvönen and Heikki Rantala: Knowledge-based Relation Discovery in Cultural Heritage Knowledge Graphs
- Eero Hyvönen, Esko Ikkala, Mikko Koho, Jouni Tuominen, Toby Burrows, Lynn Ransom and Hanno Wijsman: A Linked Open Data Service and Portal for Pre-modern Manuscript Research
KOAN is a simple tool for finding duplicate concepts in groups of ontologies. It takes a number of ontologis in SKOS format as an input and produces a the number of duplicates between each ontology pair. It can also be used to provide a list of duplicate concepts.
The main intended use for KOAN is in cleaning up the Finnish Collaborative Holistic Ontology KOKO in order to make sure that the different domain ontologies comprising it are in alignment. Below is a table showing the duplicate concepts within a number of different domain ontologies in KOKO.
Helsinki University of Technology, Laboratory of Media Technology
Prof. Eero Hyvönen
Helsinki University of Technology, Laboratory of Media Technology and University of Helsinki
eero.hyvonen [at] tkk.fi