- New text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish
The first text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish,...
11.4.2018 12:28 by eahyvone
- WarSampo Wins the Open Data Prize in the 2017 LODLAM Challenge
The WarSampo team of SeCo was recognized for making cultural heritage...
4.7.2017 15:52 by eahyvone
- Doctoral Defense in SeCo on Ontology Services
Jouni Tuominen will defend his dissertation “Ontology Services...
12.6.2017 13:48 by eahyvone
- Mikko Koho, Stina Westman and Juho Lehtonen: Developing the Finnish National Research Data Finder Etsin
- Arttu Oksanen, Jouni Tuominen, Eetu Mäkelä, Minna Tamper, Aki Hietanen and Eero Hyvönen: Law and Justice as a Linked Open Data Service
- Mikko Koho, Erkki Heino, Petri Leskinen, Minna Tamper, Esko Ikkala, Eetu Mäkelä, Jouni Tuominen and Eero Hyvönen: Linked Open Data and Ontology Infrastructure for Second World War History
- Vilho Räisänen, Kasper Apajalahti: Reasoning in agent-based network management
Vera - Validation and quality assistant for Semantic Web data
Page updated: 11.9.2008
Vera is a generic, browser-based quality checker tool for any RDF data. By quality, we refer to data integrity such as internal linkage, and validity, where the data contents is matched against a closed set of RDF statements in a user defined file written in RDFS and OWL.
The implementation makes use of the general specifications for the standard languages and vocabularies such as RDF, RDFS, OWL, SKOS, DC and FOAF. Also, users can define domain ontologies (eg. MeSH, WordNet) which can be harnessed as trusted resources in the process. The picture below illustrates the relations between different input sources.
The output that Vera produces is not a list of errors per se, but rather a list of possible problems that an expert user can assess and modify the schema or data as needed. The report also contains general statistics about the data, such as language definition usage, so it can also be used for general analysis instead of validation.
This ongoing work is a part of the Semantic Web 2.0 project (FinnONTO 2.0), funded mainly by the National Technology and Innovation Agency (Tekes) and a consortium of 38 private, public and non-governmental organizations.
Diagram of the validation process
Part of an example report generated by Vera
Design: Olli Alm
Design, Development & Implementation: Joonas Laitio
olli.alm [at] tkk.fi
Prof. Eero Hyvönen
Helsinki University of Technology, Laboratory of Media Technology and University of Helsinki
eero.hyvonen [at] tkk.fi