- NameSampo: yet another semantic sampo portal released
On Feb 1, 2019, ‘NameSampo: A Linked Open Data Infrastructure...
13.2.2019 13:53 by eahyvone
- BiographySampo released for public use
The next major semantic “Sampo” portal developed by SeCo,...
16.11.2018 21:00 by eahyvone
- New text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish
The first text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish,...
11.4.2018 12:28 by eahyvone
- Agata Dominowska, Elsi Hyttinen, Peter Ivanics, Mikko Koho, Ilona Pikkanen and Risto Turunen: Hiding in Plain Sight: Poetry in Newspapers and How to Approach it
- Howard Hotson, Thomas Wallnig, Jouni Tuominen, Eetu Mäkelä, and Eero Hyvönen: People
- Eero Hyvönen, Ruth Ahnert, Sebastian E. Ahnert, Jouni Tuominen, Eetu Mäkelä, Miranda Lewis and Gertjan Filarski: Reconciling metadata
Semantic Mash-up Widgets
Semantic mash-up floatlets are components that can be easily plugged into any web page for injecting semantically relevant content from a semantic portal to the current page. Floatlets are a new way for utilizing and publishing content in semantic portals and for interlinking portals efficiently and semantically correctly.
For example, in the screenshot of a demo application the video archive YLE Elävä Arkisto has been semantically linked with the relevant content in MuseumFinland by the widget on the right bottom corner. In this case, the current web page is about the history of speed skating and the widget shows old skates from MuseumFinland. By clicking on the widget links, the skates can be examined in more detail in MuseumFinland.
Floatlets provide additional functionality or content to the web page by communicating with external semantic portals using the Web 2.0 AJAX technology. In the simplest form this means showing content from external semantic portal, but interaction can be more complicated. For example the widget can offer rich custom search or some other type of interaction user interface to the external semantic portal.
Prof. Eero Hyvönen
eero.hyvonen [at] aalto.fi