- BiographySampo released for public use
The next major semantic “Sampo” portal developed by SeCo,...
16.11.2018 21:00 by eahyvone
- New text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish
The first text book about Semantic Web and Linked Data in Finnish,...
11.4.2018 12:28 by eahyvone
- WarSampo Wins the Open Data Prize in the 2017 LODLAM Challenge
The WarSampo team of SeCo was recognized for making cultural heritage...
4.7.2017 15:52 by eahyvone
- Eero Hyvönen, Petri Leskinen, Minna Tamper, Heikki Rantala, Jouni Tuominen and Kirsi Keravuori: Demonstrating BiographySampo in Solving Digital Humanities Research Problems in Biography and Prosopography
- Eero Hyvönen and Heikki Rantala: Knowledge-based Relation Discovery in Cultural Heritage Knowledge Graphs
- Eero Hyvönen, Esko Ikkala, Mikko Koho, Jouni Tuominen, Toby Burrows, Lynn Ransom and Hanno Wijsman: A Linked Open Data Service and Portal for Pre-modern Manuscript Research
- Petri Leskinen, Eero Hyvönen and Jouni Tuominen: Analyzing and Visualizing Prosopographical Linked Data Based on Biographies
Semantic Mash-up Widgets
Semantic mash-up floatlets are components that can be easily plugged into any web page for injecting semantically relevant content from a semantic portal to the current page. Floatlets are a new way for utilizing and publishing content in semantic portals and for interlinking portals efficiently and semantically correctly.
For example, in the screenshot of a demo application the video archive YLE Elävä Arkisto has been semantically linked with the relevant content in MuseumFinland by the widget on the right bottom corner. In this case, the current web page is about the history of speed skating and the widget shows old skates from MuseumFinland. By clicking on the widget links, the skates can be examined in more detail in MuseumFinland.
Floatlets provide additional functionality or content to the web page by communicating with external semantic portals using the Web 2.0 AJAX technology. In the simplest form this means showing content from external semantic portal, but interaction can be more complicated. For example the widget can offer rich custom search or some other type of interaction user interface to the external semantic portal.
Prof. Eero Hyvönen
eero.hyvonen [at] aalto.fi