- New Sampo portal released: MMM ? Mapping Manuscript Migrations
On Jan 30th, 2020, at the Digging into Data conference in Alexandria,...
31.1.2020 12:08 by eahyvone
- New doctoral thesis and defense at SeCo by Kasper Apajalahti
Kasper Apajalahti defended his thesis “Contributions to...
17.11.2019 8:54 by eahyvone
- NameSampo: yet another semantic sampo portal released
On Feb 1, 2019, ‘NameSampo: A Linked Open Data Infrastructure...
13.2.2019 13:53 by eahyvone
- Minna Tamper, Arttu Oksanen, Jouni Tuominen, Aki Hietanen and Eero Hyvönen: Automatic Annotation Service APPI: Named Entity Linking in Legal Domain
- Heikki Rantala, Ilkka Jokipii, Mikko Koho, Esko Ikkala, Jouni Tuominen and Eero Hyvönen: Building a Linked Open Data Portal of War Victims in Finland 1914-1922
- Eero Hyvönen: Building and Using a National Linked Open Data Infrastructure for Digital Humanities: The Finnish Approach
- Heikki Rantala, Eero Hyvönen and Esko Ikkala: Creating the HISTO Ontology of Finnish History Events
Semantic Mash-up Widgets
Semantic mash-up floatlets are components that can be easily plugged into any web page for injecting semantically relevant content from a semantic portal to the current page. Floatlets are a new way for utilizing and publishing content in semantic portals and for interlinking portals efficiently and semantically correctly.
For example, in the screenshot of a demo application the video archive YLE Elävä Arkisto has been semantically linked with the relevant content in MuseumFinland by the widget on the right bottom corner. In this case, the current web page is about the history of speed skating and the widget shows old skates from MuseumFinland. By clicking on the widget links, the skates can be examined in more detail in MuseumFinland.
Floatlets provide additional functionality or content to the web page by communicating with external semantic portals using the Web 2.0 AJAX technology. In the simplest form this means showing content from external semantic portal, but interaction can be more complicated. For example the widget can offer rich custom search or some other type of interaction user interface to the external semantic portal.
Prof. Eero Hyvönen
eero.hyvonen [at] aalto.fi